Friday, September 10, 2021

Updates on my newly published book and my next one!



 I wanted to update you to what's happening with my newly released novel, Tales of the Silent.  The reviews so far have been terrific: 


"Amazing story. I could hear the characters throughout the whole process."


" My benchmark for books (and I devour books) is a character that stays with me— and Amelia has been with me all afternoon."


"The visual translation from words to images - when I saw Judi Getch Brodman just released her latest book I couldn’t wait to read it. The book kept my interest from first page to last. So much so I read it in 12 hours. It was like watching a Hallmark movie. The visualization was incredible. The story concept and execution was so creative and I loved the little unexpected details that were woven throughout the book. E.G brand names of clothing the characters wore including colors and patterns. This just added to the readers ability to visualize the setting and story line. Certainly kept my interest and attention. I’m looking forward to reading The Looking Glass Labyrinth which I just ordered. The author is not only a masterful writer but also an extremely talented two dimensional and prolific artist. Congratulations on a great book."


"I loved this book - the characters, the setting all drew me in and kept me entertained till the end! The characters talked to me the entire way and the beauty of the French countryside made me feel like I was there. Can't wait for the next Dr. Amelia Davis novel! Soon please!"


"I read Tales of the Silent in two nights -- a page-turner, for sure. The setting was exotic yet authentic; I could easily visualize the Chateau and the vineyards, all the walls, etc. Great descriptions and the archaeology was a clever way to have the reader envision everything. I found your dialogue fast-paced and true to the characters. I was glad that you handled the translations so adeptly (my French is a little rusty). I particularly like the development of the secondary characters, especially Juliette. (I was quite partial to her.) Everything about the book is a good read...  Overall, CONGRATULATIONS on Tales, I hope you'll think about a filmscript. I think it has great potential for film."


These are a few comments that have been posted and I'm certainly extremely pleased with this feedback.


I'm back to writing my next "Oyster Point Mystery" dealing with an interesting cold case.  Investigation of a case involving a young woman's body that had been uncovered leads Jamie to believe there is a serial killer on the loose.  I've had to do a lot of research in different areas which I think you'll enjoy.  Also where's the Jack and Jamie relationship going?  You'll just have to wait.


I want to say a few words about the 20th anniversary of the Twin Towers... I lost a fellow consultant who was on-board American flight #11 which left from Boston headed for LA.  We all travelled on these flights with clients on the west coast... but this day was certainly different.  Please, never forget.  I won't because she will always be the face of 9/11 for me.  RIP all who lost their lives on that day... 💔

Till,

Judi




No comments:

Post a Comment