Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Cover appears - Dark Secrets !

I'm really very pleased with the cover for my newest novel, Dark Secrets - it's dark and intriguing like the novel.

The editor has begun working on my novel but I've not received anything back so far.  One comment she has made which I'll pass along to you is that when you use a foreign language, the words must be italicized.  She's doing that as she moves through the manuscript.  She's also checking my French... which I admit could be a bit rusty.

As I wait, I'm working on another "Oyster Point Mystery" with Jack, the Chief of Police, and Jamie, a cyber expert and budding detective, returning to find themselves enmeshed  in a number of cold cases once again.  To complicate their lives, Lizz, Jack's sexy ex-girlfriend, and Matt, Jamie's handsome motorcycle riding ex-boyfriend reappear in their lives.  How will this affect Jack and Jamie's relationship?  Is it strong enough to withstand the feelings of young loves gone bad?  Even I don't know at this point.  Lizz is hotly pursuing Jack and Mike... not sure what he's going to do.  But Jack is beginning to feel a bit of jealousy.  Jamie, confronted by the perfectly made up and adorned Lizz, sexy in everything she wears and does, is feeling threatened.  Will these feelings of jealousy and doubt cloud the love they feel for one another?

In the meantime, Jamie's dreams begin again because of this new cold case she's interested in -- a young girl found buried in a shallow grave.  As hard as it is for her to experience these dreams, they always contain nuggets or facts that  help them find the murderer in the future.

Well, enough of a preview into the next Oyster Point Mystery!  I love working with these two characters because their backgrounds tend to provide very fertile ground for many twists and turns.

Au revoir... keep writing,
Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment