Sunday, November 25, 2018

Book Clubs and Signing Events...


Well, my first book club meeting with readers was so much fun!  They had read "She's Not You" and had really enjoyed it.  I was very pleased with the feedback. One member was an English teacher who had taught writing.  She said that she was very surprised at how well written the book was.  One item she picked up on was the use of all the senses - smell, touch, hearing, sight and taste.  I had to agree with her that most writers have a favorite sense that they use all the time.  You have to work hard not to depend on that favorite sense -- usually sight or touch.  Anyway, the feedback from this group was terrific.

My next book club is in two weeks and I'm looking forward to meeting this new group of readers.  Since they are meeting before the holidays, there will be a "Yankee Swap."  I'm bringing a copy of "The Looking Glass Labyrinth" as my swap.

Right before the upcoming book club, I have a book signing during a Christmas Stroll.  I did this a number of times for this Gallery... when my children's books (Fiona - the Lighthouse Firefly and Fiona the Lighthouse Firefly - LOST!) came out and again when "She's Not You" was released.  There will be music and refreshments -- a wonderful holiday event.

The books make wonderful gifts... go to Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/Judi-Getch-Brodman/e/B0745KVKFT and pick up a copy!

I'm almost finished with the first draft of my next novel.  Still searching for a title!  Any ideas?

Will check in after my next book event.  This is a busy and exciting time for me!

Keep working on your writing.
Till,
Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment