Monday, October 1, 2018

It's weeks away...

3-D version copyrighted 2018
I've been busy working with the editor on "The Looking Glass Labyrinth" and we are currently on our second edit.  I'm thrilled that there hasn't been a lot of rewriting - a few nits here and there.  I'm still looking forward to an October release.

Looking back on the journey with my debut novel, "She's Not You," the real hard work wasn't writing the manuscript or editing it, but marketing it.   How do you put it out there so readers can find it?  Yes, the publisher distributes it to all the outlets, but how do reader's find you as an author?  How does your book stand out among the hundreds and hundreds of new ones available?  Sounds daunting , doesn't it... and it is. Even with great reviews, it is next to impossible to be recognized.

But, saying all that, word of mouth is important. Take for example the article that was published on me and my debut novel in a local newspaper - it helped immensely spawning two speaking engagements and two book club appearances.  I know, that seems like tiny steps but that's how you begin to become known as an author.

This weekend, I met with a group of published authors and those wanting to be published for a 'meet and greet' where we discussed how hard it was to set your book apart from all others.  We all know that we will probably not make the Best Seller list or make a fortune on our books... but saying all that, one of us might have that gem that could possibly make it.

Work hard... write a fantastic book, put it out there and give it wings!

Off to continue my second edit... remember, it's coming soon!!  Let's boost it to the Best Seller list... LOL!

Till,
Judi




No comments:

Post a Comment