Tuesday, January 3, 2017

On to a new year....


Copyrighted Mary Licata
Well, here we are starting a brand new shiny year, where anything is possible!  I know, it's hard to get motivated after having a wonderful fun filled holiday season, but do we have a choice?  Not if we want to be published this year.  And I certainly have a number of manuscripts that are almost ready to be published.

After Mary Licata, my illustrator, read the draft of "The Looking Glass Labyrinth," she generated a cover drawing - the one above.  The premise of my story is simple yet complex.  It's the tale of two women who lived over two centuries apart yet shared a common loss -- the men that they loved.  One  lost her sea captain in a gunfight inside the walls of her home two centuries ago and the other lost her fiance in a gunfight five years ago in Afghanistan.  Both women protected themselves against suffering the same hurt and heartache  by withdrawing from the world until... but if I told you the next part, it would spoil the surprise wouldn't it?  Is it a dream based on Lady Rachael's diary?  Or....

So, I'm finalizing the manuscript, hoping to have a publisher pick it up soon.  Final editing takes me forever because each time through the document, I find a sentence to smooth out or a paragraph that needs to be clearer.  I actually enjoy editing.  Most writers don't but I find it energizing.  

Okay, enough time spent not editing.  I'll about to start... maybe in a bit :-)

Keep writing... like anything else, if you don't use it, you lose it.

Till,
Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment