Saturday, December 10, 2016

From our house to yours...

Photo by Judt Getch copyrighted

Tis that time of year once again. Hardly seems possible, but here we are... in the midst of holiday shopping, decorating and cooking.  

I'm stealing a bit of writing time as well trying to edit my new novel, The Looking Glass Labyrinth.   I'm listening to Barbra Streisand's Christmas CD.  The song that really hits home is "I Remember" and at this time of year, I do.  

It takes me back to being young and at home... my parent's home, but it will still always be home.  I remember... caroling in the center of town, taking the train through canberry bogs that were decorated with Christmas lights, choosing the tree with my Dad, Christmas dinner in the dining room, candles in the windows, midnight Mass... I remember.  

Make time for youself, sit down with a hot cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate, somewhere away from the maddening crowd, and listen to the holiday music ... it will take you back and you will remember too.  Some are joyous memories, some are tearful, but they are all ours, to be remembered at this time of year.

Enjoy the holidays and I'll be back after New Year and we will talk again.  I'm hoping to submit this novel before Christmas, but who knows.

Till the New Year,
Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment