Monday, December 11, 2023

"Unanticipated Consequence - A Second Chance" RELEASED!

 


Well, it was a job getting this book released - publisher had trouble with copies and formats and so it felt like it took forever. But finally - last week it was released.  Now it looks like the format is still incorrect!  ARGH!! Here's what I said before (I think) and related at the beginning of the novel... 

"Unanticipated Consequence A Second Chance is an outgrowth of my well-received novella/eBook, Broken Christmas Promise, published at the end of 2019.

Feedback from a production company stated that the setup of the story was terrific but because it was written as a short novella, it was lacking the kind of “complex and layered romance that the modern market demands.”

Therefore, after rethinking what they had said, I had to agree –I hadn’t told the entire story of Brett and Jenna’s love, heartbreak and ending in the novella. I had written a simple love story, but theirs was not so simple."

I'm thrilled it will be out in time for the holidays!  
https://mybook.to/Unanticipated_Conseq

Now, I working on an interesting take of a female pirate. When In Ireland I toured Grace O'Malley's castle outside of Westport including the remains of dungeons in the basement. I've never thought of writing this kind of story until when answering a question about what I was working on now, I told a Book Club group I was fooling around with a female pirate story.  They became very excited and had many questions about where and when, etc. So here I am working on that manuscript and enjoying it.  

I'm also starting my 3rd Oyster Point Mystery. Let's see what trouble Jack and Jamie can get into next.

I'm scheduled for hold another Book Club in April; these are so much fun! The August one was terrific as well. I can post that one if you'd like to see it.  It's up on YouTube. 

On a very sad note, I lost a very dear friend of mine, We met the first year of college and were roommates after we graduated.  It's hard to say goodbye to life-long friends. It was unexpected. She was on a trip to Greece, a trip of a lifetime as she called it, and suddenly died.  I had lunch with her right before she left. We joked because I was flying west to Seattle and she was flying East. We couldn't wait to meet after our trips. I think I'm still in shock... can't really believe she's gone. Life is hard sometimes...

Well, that's about all I have to report at this point.  Holidays are coming fast so I wish you peace and joy as you hopefully gather with family.

We'll talk next year.

Till - Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment