Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Find my novels in the Westernmost bookstore in the USA!


Years ago I wrote a short story about a couple returning to Hawaii after many years.  Their first visit had been during the Vietnam War when Hawaii served as a place for R&R (Rest and Relaxation) for the US soldiers and their families.  She remembers the special time that she spent with him.

"I lean my head against the small porthole-like window, watching the aquamarine water and the chain of emerald islands flow by below. The airplane banks and when it straightens, there stands the proud and distinctive sign post of Waikiki Beach, Diamond Head, with its rich green cloak and open crater. The plane rumbles along the coastline of Oahu past the long stretch of Waikiki Beach. It looks the same, the marinas, hotels; even the pink Royal Hawaiian Hotel is still there. And then, at the end of Waikiki, tall and straight, stand the towers of the Ilikai Hotel. It’s as I remember it from April, 1968."

I'm now on the island of Kauai, returning after many years.  My character and I  are feeling the same emotions.  The memories, smells and views bring it all back.  This time I'm older, married and a published author.  But "it's as I remember it."

Before I arrived, I looked up the only bookstore on the island and emailed them that I would be here.  I dropped off a copy of each of my books and was asked to return for a book signing on a Friday night which is a big time in Hanapepe.  Not sure I'll be back, but who knows.

More after I return to the mainland.  I've managed a bit of editing on my next Oyster Point Mystery!!!

Keep writing,
Till,
Judi


No comments:

Post a Comment