Sunday, January 27, 2019

J'aime Paris..

Paris © Judi Getch Brodman

J'aime Paris!  I do love Paris and adore the French country side.  I've stayed in chateaus that I never wanted to leave - one in fact, Chateau de Marcay in Chinon, had us staying in a room attached to the turret which served as our huge bathroom and then eating in the "great" room where the menu offered roasted pigeon;  in B&Bs that were extraordinaire which served fresh yogurt that I have yet to match here in the US.  I've eaten things that were délectueux and other things that tourne mon estomac - :-) But I remember each and every one of them. I find that's the beauty of traveling... we had a wonderful little apartment on rue Cortot that overlooked the streets of Monmartre and in the distance gave us a view of the city of lights. There was the Hotel Du Palais in Biarritz -- the summer home of Napoleon III and Eugénie de Montijo.  It's history oozed elegance, frivolity and worldliness as they themselves say.  It sits where the waters of Spain and France meet.  I had wished to stay there... forever!

Anyway, I carry on about Paris and France which is why I had to write the novel that I'm currently editing.  I had also read a story that intrigued me about a happening in Paris so putting both of these things together and building two wonderful characters, I allowed myself to visit Paris again from right here at my desk.  When it's released, you will be able enjoy the Parisian surroundings as well.  We'll visit the church of Joan d'Arc,  the farmlands of France and Paris parks.  I'm shooting for a May/June release... a beach read.

As for other news, my cable TV interview went very well and as soon as I receive the DVD, I'll post it.  

My two book clubs were awesome.  Both groups are awaiting the release of my next "Oyster Point Mystery" which I'm hoping will be released for Christmas.  I'm working on it now.  

I hope you are reading and writing... taking courses and upping your writing game!  No time like the present.

Till,
Judi

























No comments:

Post a Comment