Thursday, August 2, 2018

Doing your homework!

Photo by Judi Getch

I awoke to this incredibly beautiful view.  It's like being by the ocean... every morning, the mountain takes on a very different  look.  Today, the top of the mountain was wrapped in a soft pure white gauze scarf.   Minutes later, the entire view had changed.  I try to feed off these views... to capture my words and make my story more dramatic and dynamic because, truthfully, a minute later those explosive lovely words are gone.  :-) . 

Right now, I'm doing my homework -- research on a case that I'm introducing into the sequel of "She's Not You."  Jack and Jamie have found an intriguing unsolved murder that peaks their interest.  This cold case will eventually become linked to other cases and possibly to another serial killer.   Jamie better be careful!! 

I'm also working on my Paris based mystery which is coming along nicely.  I had to do a lot of homework here as well... describing what an inherited old French apartment might look like, finding out what updates can be made that will maintain the look and the history of the flat, and looking up what kind of records (marriage, death, license plates, etc.) can be found where.  Since I know Paris a bit, I can place my characters in some unique spots.  Brielle, the editor-in-chief for a Boston based fashion magazine, finds herself being shadowed by a man during a fashion shoot.  Is he someone that her ex hired?  Or someone else?  We don't know yet, but she and Jacques are about to find out.  And, will she eventually solve the disappearance of her mother?

And then, I'm so excited.  I just received the cover for my next novel which will hopefully be published in October,  As soon as I have an assigned editor, I'll post the cover and talk a bit about the story.  It's so exciting to have a second novel coming out in the same year as my debut novel, "She's Not You."

Other exciting things happening... I have two readings and book signings scheduled for September!  A busy month for sure, but so much fun!

Well, back to my research.  Keep on writing and do your homework!! 
Till,
Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment