Sunday, February 5, 2017

A different view... a different perspective!

Paris...

 
I thought I'd better check in.  Between traveling and writing, time is just flying by.

Well, I'm in the third week of my writing group/class and I can say that I can already see a difference in my writing.  Our leader has a laser sharp eye and can analyze our written words and show us where we could add more - descriptions, emotions, views from inside the characters head.  I thought writing was hard before, now I know just how much harder it can be to write really, really well.,

My manuscript that was just about complete is now shredded.  Just in these few weeks, Heidi has taught us to look at our work with a critical eye and stretch, to move into the heads of our characters and  look around and describe what they see and what they feel.   Easier said than done, I've learned, but I'm rewriting!!

Anyway, I'm not even half-way through this course, and everything is in flux.  But I know that when I put it all back together, I will love what I have done.  Somehow, I have to carry her in my head as I continue to write so I can live in my characters, think like them and act like them.

I'm taking a few writing hours off today to watch the Super Bowl.... I'll be cheering!!!

Till,
Judi


No comments:

Post a Comment