Saturday, August 20, 2016

"Fiona the Firefly - Lost and Found" is drafted!!




Today is a sad day for me - the anniversary of my father's death.  He died very young and it still hurts on days like this... well it still hurts most days  So, to take my mind off the day, I thought I would write a quick update.

First, remember, all the illustrations by Mary Licata are copyrighted!!  Please don't copy, reproduce in any form without her written permission.

Second, my draft of the new Fiona sequel is finished.  It has gone through editing and now we are awaiting Mary's final set of illustrations.

Finally, I thought you might find it interesting that the story actually took a few unexpected turns.  I had an ending in mind, but the two characters, Lizbeth and Lucas, seemed to have a different ending in mind and since it was their story, I followed their lead.

It always fascinates me when a story I'm writing ends up in a totally different place than I thought it would.  I love that about writing.  Many writers outline the entire book before they start writing.  I can do that and have, but find it too constraining for me!  When i've done it, my story and the characters seem to have a mind of their own and a story they want to tell... so I let them.

So, as I await Mary's gorgeous illustrations, I'm already back editing another novel that I hope to have out by the end of the year!  We shall see.

I'll sign off now.

Till,
Judi

No comments:

Post a Comment