Monday, August 1, 2016

This blog continues "A writer's dream..."


Well... it's me!  I am continuing on with my "A writer's dream..." blog under a new blog title, "A writer's dream continues..."  Why would I do that you ask?

A long story short - my computer began to act up, as all old favorite computers do.  I couldn't use Chrome fully, websites would come and go, and the computer would sporadically shut down.  My assessment was that the old Vista Operating System was not being supported by Chrome any more.  Maybe it was time to move up to Windows 10.

Alas and alack, whatever those words mean, I was only half correct.  It was not totally the OS, but also my hard disc was failing - thus the shutting down.

I had no fear of losing my files and photos - they're all backed up - but I had been lackadaisical (love that word) about keeping a current list of all my website sign-in info - email addresses and passwords, as well as many of my email addresses which were stored in an ancient copy of Eudora. Eudora could not be reloaded... so email addresses are gone, but I was able to reconstruct most of my sign-in info except for my blog  - sigh - on Google.

I also have a wonderful new Microsoft Surface Pro computer that I use when I travel, but this old trusty Toshiba is still my favorite... like the old writers with their typewriters :-)

I now have a sold state memory (not a disc) which is faster and Windows 10 which I don't mind, but still couldn't figure out my password for my blog and Google was absolutely NO help!  Even though I couldn't reconstruct the old blog's sights and sounds, the new design fits me well I think.

So we'll continue connecting through this new blog.  You can still find my old blog at http://judigetchwriter.blogspot.com/ and find me on Facebook.

More when I finally finish updating my trusty old companion.

Till,
Judi

1 comment: